Geo Membrane are manufactured in various thermoplastic material like PP, HDPE, LDPE, PVC, etc.
Why use Geo Membranes?
1. Technical requirement (eg.Tunnels, Mining industries)
2. Increase in world population, Urbanization & More pressure on natural resources led to the legislation
& certain regulations by Authorities in recognition of problems such as hygienical safety,
contamination & loss of natural resources etc.
Waste management (liquid products and solid waste) to prevent ground water contamination.
2. Containment & delivery of potable (drinking) water.
Conserving water by minimizing evaporation losses.
Minimise losses by infiltration of water into porous soils.
Application of Geo Membranes
HDPE or PP is the only material widely recognized to withstand the harsh environment found within waste disposal. Geo Membranes liners can be used for ground water protection in wide range of applications.
- Scaling of household and industrial landfills
- Scaling of hazardous waste sites
- Vertical cut-off walls around landfills
- Scaling of concert structure
- Storage basins for oil, industrial and sewage sludge
- Spill containment for the chemical and petrochemical Industries
- Ore processing plants.
- Storage of agricultural slurries
- Lining of canals and rivers
- Reed beds
- Balancing lakes.
- Heap leaching pads - Gold and Copper mining
- Landfill sites to keep rain out
Advantages of PP / HDPE Geo Membranes
- Absolute tighten / Leak proofless --- seepage of water / affluents will not occur.
- Exceptional Durability
- Outstanding resistance to chemical
- High abression resistance
- Enormous elasticity
- Light weight
- Easy to install
- Takes very short time to period to install
- Excellent flow characteristics
- Absolute corrosion resistant
- High braking strength
- Excellent Environmental stress cracking resistance
- High elongation rate will not allow to develop crack due to movement of soil
Exeeptionally high cost saving
- Very smooth & glossy surface (Also available with smooth surface on top side & rough / textured surface on bottom side for excellent gripping.
Selection of Geo Membrane
Most important properties to be considered while selecting and designing Geo Membrane
- Tensile behavior and puncture resistance.
- Tear resistance